During the #EndSARS protest in Abuja, some armed thugs attacked Nigerians who were protesting against police brutality and extortion in Nigeria, unconfirmed number of people were injured and vehicles were also damaged in the process.
As #EndSARS protesters would not pipe low until the government grants their 5 demand which are;
- The immediate release of all arrested protesters
- Justice for all deceased victims of police brutality and appropriate compensation for their families
- Setting up an independent body to oversee the investigation & prosecution of all reports of police misconduct (within 10days)
- In line with the new Police Act, psychological evaluation and retraining (to be confirmed by an independent body) of all disbanded SARS officers before they can be redeployed
- Increase police salary so they are adequately compensated for protecting lives and property of citizens.
We gathered that the thugs attacked the protesters at Berger junction some minutes after the protest began in Abuja, we also gathered that the thugs were armed with cutlass and other weapons.