Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Sail Through The Final Round In WTO DG election.

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, Nigerian candidate contesting for the post of the Director-General of the World Trade Organisation (WTO), has scaled through to last stage as three other unlucky candidates have fallen out of the race due to their inability to secure enough votes. This was disclosed on Tuesday, 7th October 2020, as Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, and South Korea’s Yoo Myung-hee have gotten to the final round of selection to become the next director-general of the World Trade Organization (WTO). Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, also a former Nigerian foreign minister, is an economist and development specialist now serving as board chair for global vaccine alliance, Gavi. She has said the World Trade Organization WTO should play a role in helping poorer countries access COVID-19 drugs and vaccines. The initial pool of eight candidates to replace Brazilian Roberto Azevedo, who stepped down as WTO director-general in August–a year ahead of schedule, was narrowed down to five last month. The organization motive is to find a successor by early November.

Read more

Breaking!! US President, Donald Trump And His Wife Melania, Tested Positive For Covid-19.

Breaking!! US President Donald Trump said on Thursday he and his wife Melania had tested positive for COVID-19 and were in quarantine, after Hope Hicks, one of his closest advisers, tested positive for the disease. In a Tweet, Trump said he and Melania would “get through this together”. Hicks travels regularly with the president on Air Force One and, along with other senior aides, accompanied him to Cleveland for the first presidential debate with Democrat Joe Biden on Tuesday. She was also with Trump at a campaign event in Minnesota on Wednesday and flew back to the White House with him on the Marine One helicopter after the rally. Tonight, @FLOTUS and I tested positive for COVID-19. We will begin our quarantine and recovery process immediately. We will get through this TOGETHER!

Read more

Actor Kenneth Okonkwo declares his ambition to run for Enugu governorship election, unveils poster

– Kenneth Okonkwo appears to be really running for governor of Enugu state – The veteran actor recently declared his ambition on Instagram – He explained that with God, he will achieve his dream it had earlier revealed that veteran Nigerian actor Kenneth Okonkwo was getting set to reveal his desire to become the next governor of Enugu state. It appears he has confirmed his desire to run for office. At the time when he initially revealed his desire, may did not believe he was serious. But a recent post he made has confirmed his decision to run. He took to his Instagram page to write that with God, his dream will be achieved. “Without God I can do nothing but with Him I can do all things because He strengthens me. Join the wining team. By the grace of God, I am the next Governor of Enugu State.” When he initially declared his ambition, he revealed that he has the support of the immediate past Governor of Enugu State Sullivan Chime. “I just declared my intention to contest for the Governorship candidate of APC in Enugu State. It was heartwarming to receive the blessings of the immediate past Governor of Enugu State, His Excellency, Gov Sullivan Chime. To God be the glory,” he wrote.

Read more

Atiku’s campaign council asks alibaba.com to halt sales of PVCs online

By Dirisu Yakubu ABUJA — Presidential Campaign Council of former Vice President, Atiku Abubakar, has asked the owner of the online platform alibaba.com, Jack Ma, to permanently remove the cloned Permanent Voters Cards (PVCs) from its platform. INEC PVC For Sale On Alibaba.com The campaign council stated that the sale of PVCs on the online platform amounts to a breach of the nation’s electoral integrity and it’s national security. The council was reacting to a statement by the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, on the alarm it raised over attempts to clone PVCs, with the intention of selling same online. The commission in a statement issued by its Director, Voter Education and Publicity, Oluwole Osaze Uzzi, late Sunday evening, had said it was taking the matter seriously, and promised to engage government and security agencies as well as the promoters of the platform in order to get to the root of it. The letter from Atiku’s campaign office was dated July 2, and addressed to the owner of the online hub, Jack Ma. The letter written by the director general of Atiku Presidential Campaign Organisation and former governor of Ogun State, Gbenga Daniel, is entittled “A Matter of National Security and Electoral Integrity Involving alibaba.com.” The director general of the campaign noted: “I write this open letter because my attention has been drawn to an egregious breach of Nigeria’s electoral integrity and thus our national security, by the sale of Nigerian Permanent Voter Cards, on alibaba.com. “We are very concerned about this security breach because it threatens Nigeria’s desire to build strong institutions, like the Independent National Electoral Commission. A situation like this could lead to massive vote buying and thus thwart our efforts and instead create strong men where we want to enable strength in institutions. “Permanent Voter Cards were used in the 2015 Nigerian elections and the alibaba platform was also in existence then, yet we did not have this breach. That precedence leads me to believe that[…]

Read more