Cynthia Morgan signs new idea with US based management

Popular singer, Cynthia Morgan, also known as Madrina, has signed a management deal with a US-based entertainment management company, The Facilitator Firm. The singer said, “I made the decision to sign the deal with the global market in mind. The Facilitator Firm definitely understands the global market. My new public relations team headed by Muyi did a data mining research and he presented it to me. This made me realize how much fans I have beyond the shores of Nigeria including places I have never been. “I am rest assured that The Facilitator Firm can help bring that to a larger scale. Doing it independently, you don’t really have those teams to help worldwide. The Facilitator Firm has worked with a lot of artistes on the global stage, that’s why I wanted to partner with them.” According to Cynthia Morgan’s spokesperson, Muyiwa Babalola, Cynthia Morgan resonates with a diverse fan base all over the world because of her feel-good music and vibe. He said, “Cynthia resonates with a diverse fan base all over the world because of her feel-good music and vibe. I have seen and studied her global appeal, I have also come to know her as a friend. It is no longer news that the world is increasingly fascinated by the afrobeat sounds. Together, there is a commitment to utilizing Cynthia’s raw magic to continue to exhibit afrobeat on the world stage, and in a more organized dimension. “The Facilitator Firm is a Full-Service Boutique Artist Management, Indie-Record Label, Artist Services and Publishing Company headquartered in Las Vegas, NV. forged by the partnership of Founder/CEO ‘Uncle Odis’ Johnson and Co-Founder/President Tabiyah Yetunde. The duo are long-time music industry veterans.”

Read more

Fire guts petrol tank, stationary trucks in Lagos

A petrol tanker has been gutted by fire in the Lacasera area of Mile 2, Lagos State. Some vehicles around the premises were also reportedly razed by fire on Thursday. We gathered that the driver was to be conveying the petrol to a destination in the state when he lost control of the vehicle, the truck overturned, resulting in a spillage that reportedly burst into flames. The spokesperson for the State Fire Service, Jamiu Dosunmu, said the fire had been extinguished, adding that no live was lost. Olufemi Oke-Osanyintolu, the Director-General, Lagos State Emergency Management Agency, said some stationary trucks were also affected during the fire incident, adding that efforts were on to evacuate the burnt truck from the road. Oke-Osanyintolu said, “The Agency received distress calls concerning the above which occurred around 1am and activated its emergency response plan. “On arrival, it was discovered that a fuel tanker loaded with PMS had overturned and burst into flames due to the oil spillage. This in turn affected some stationary trailers parked inwards Apapa. “A combined team comprising Lagos Fire, Police, Federal Fire and Agency Responders have extinguished the flames. “Operation to remove the affected vehicles is ongoing while road users are encouraged to use alternative routes.”

Read more

Jegede hands tribunal, challenges Ondo election result

In not less than three weeks after the Ondo State Governorship Election, the Peoples Democratic Party’s candidate in the election, Mr Eyitayo Jegede, has reached the election petition tribunal to challenge the results of the poll. Governor Rotimi Akeredolu,the candidate of the All Progressive Party was declared the winner of the election by the Independent National Electoral Commission, having scored the highest number of the total votes cast in the election. Akeredolu defeated Jegede and the candidates of other political parties in the poll, according to INEC. On Friday, the PDP candidate, headed to the tribunal to challenge the results after studying the results and not satisfied.

Read more

I Called The Police Shortly Before My House Was Burgled, But They Refused To Come – Ndoma-Egba

Victor Ndoma-Egba, a former senate leader, whose house was burgled last week by hoodlums has bewailed on how he called the security agencies shortly before the incidence, but nothing reasonable was done. Ndoma-Egba’s residence was among the property targeted during the  in Calabar, capital of Cross River, last week. According to him, shortly before his house was burgled, he received a text informing him that there were plans by arranged hoodlums to attack his residence in Calabar, that of Senator Gershom Bassey and a hotel owned by Senator John Owan. Governor of the state, Ben Ayade, had imposed a 24-hour curfew as part of measures to contain the situation but the mob broke loose. In a statement, Ndoma-Egba narrated how he got intelligence on the attack but despite informing security agencies, “nothing was done to stop the attack”. “At about 2 am (local time, as I was abroad) on Saturday 24th. October 2020 I received a text informing me that there were plans by arranged hoodlums to attack my residence in Calabar, that of Senator Gershom Bassey and a hotel owned by Senator John Owan Enor,” he said. “I promptly forwarded the texts to Senators Bassey and Owan Enoh. I also called the security agencies in Calabar to apprise them of the information. Calabar from my information was already tense from the previous day’s break-in into warehouses storing COVID 19 palliatives and the subsequent breaching of shops and other businesses. The impending attack on Senators Bassey, Owan Enoh and I was already public knowledge as later that morning I got many calls to that effect. “Thereafter I kept calling the security agencies by the hour when in spite of their assurances that they will secure my house there was no evidence of any security personnel in my vicinity. I understand, the times were indeed confounding for everybody. “At about 2 pm the intruders broke into my house and looted it to the ground leaving only the bare floor. All the toilets,[…]

Read more

#EndSARS: IGP declined reports of police shooting at unarmed protesters

Mohammed Adamu,the Inspector-General of Police, has declined reports by global rights organisation, Amnesty International, that police officers shot at unarmed #EndSARS protesters. The IGP described Amnesty’s report of October 21, 2020, that police personnel shot at peaceful protesters as “untrue, deceiving and contrary to all available empirical evidence”. This was contained in a statement on Friday titled, ‘EndSARS Protests: Police Personnel Were Professional And Exercised Maximum Restraints – IGP Tells Amnesty Int’l’. Adamu said, “During the protests, officers of the Force used legitimate means to ensure that the protests were carried out in a peaceful manner and in most cases, physically protected and walked side-by-side with the protesters. “Even when the protests turned violent in some parts of the country, the officers still maintained utmost restraint and did not use excessive force in managing the situations. “Available Reports show that 22 police personnel were extra-judicially killed by some rampaging protesters and scores injured during the protests. Many of the injured personnel are in life-threatening conditions at the hospitals. “205 police stations and formations including other critical private and public infrastructure were also damaged by a section of the protesters. “Despite these unprovoked attacks, our police officers never resorted to use of unlawful force or shooting at the protesters as alleged in the report. “It also beggars imagination that Amnesty International failed to mention or pay tribute to Police officers who were gruesomely murdered during the protests while serving their fatherland. “The Force decries the discriminatory tendencies exhibited by Amnesty International as seen in the report. One wonders if in the estimation of Amnesty International, police officers are not also human beings equally entitled to the protection of their fundamental rights to life and dignity of human person.”

Read more

Truck crashes in Lagos,one dead

A person was confirmed dead when an overloaded heavy truck in Owode Elede, Ikorodu axis of Lagos state was involved in an accident. Nosa Okunbor, Lagos State Emergency Agency (LASEMA) spokesman, confirmed this in a statement on Friday. He explained: “Upon arrival of the Agency’s response teams at the incident scene, investigations regarding the lone accident revealed that the the overloaded truck laden with tons of iron rod was involved in an accident due to reckless driving on the part of it’s driver, which left his assistant crushed to death in the incident. “Earlier combined team of LASEMA Response Units from Agbowa Zone and the Command Control Center at Alausa, extricating an adult male from a Heavy Duty Truck involved in a lone accident at Owode Elede in Ikorodu axis of Lagos, in the process “The incident was reported via the Agency’s 767/112 Toll Free Lines around 6:05a.m, was attended within 7 minutes of the report”. Okunbor said the accident was happened as a result of overloading and reckless driving, which resulted in damaging the tractor of the truck. “The victim’s body was afterwards extricated and handed over to his family,” he added.

Read more

Traditional ruler faults amnesty’s claim on alleged Lekki shooting

Oba Adekunle Oyelude, the Olowu of Kuta in Osun, has faulted claims by the Amnesty International that it tracked troops of the Nigerian Army to Lekki Toll Gate, where they allegedly shot unarmed #EndSARS protesters on Oct. 20, 2020. Oyelude said this in a statement on Friday, in Ibadan, calling for a probe into the claim. “Although Amnesty International has the right to operate legally in the country as an international Non Governmental Organisation (NGO), the claim that it tracked troops of a sovereign nation and announcing same, amounted to an attack on national security,” he said. He said he was worried as a Nigerian that a foreign NGO could admit spying on the Nigeria Army with an air of impunity. The traditional ruler called on relevant authorities to probe the claim, and possibly extradite the organisation from Nigeria. “I can’t imagine a foreign NGO operating in the United States to be so bold and claim that it tracked troops’ movement from the pentagon to a particular location and still remain in the country,” he said. Oyelude went further to appeal for peace and calmness across the country, while encouraging Nigerian youths to make their legitimate claims and ventilate their grievances peacefully in future. He also appealed to the federal and state governments to implement programmes and policies designed to empower millions of unemployed youths in the country. He expressed compassion to those who lost loved ones and property in the crises, praying that God would wipe off their tears.

Read more

COVID-19: NCDC announces 150 new infections in Nigeria

The Nigeria Centre For Disease Control (NCDC), has announced 150 new COVID-19 infections in the country. This was made public by NCDC on its official website on Thursday. The News Agency of Nigeria(NAN), made a report that as Nigeria continued in its fight against COVID-19, it has conducted about 620,758 tests since the first confirmed case was disclosed in the country. Two COVID-19 related deaths in the last 24 hours in the country was recorded by the Public Health Agency. The Public Health Agency said that the 150 new cases were reported from nine states of the federation. NCDC added that the total number of infected people within the country has increased to 62,521. It also announced that it has successfully treated and discharged 154 patients from isolation centers across the country after they tested negative to the virus. “Our discharges today include 66 community recoveries in Lagos State managed in line with new case management guidelines. “A breakdown of cases by state can be found via covid19.ncdc.gov.ng,” it said. The agency said that, within the last 24 hours, Lagos state, the country’s epicenter recorded 89 new cases, while Rivers, Ogun, Bayelsa and Kaduna reported 19, 11, 9 and 8 cases respectively. Among other states with new infections were Plateau with 8 infections, Taraba three , Osun two and Delta one. “Until date, 62,521 cases have been confirmed, 58,249 patients discharged and 1,141 deaths recorded in 36 states and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT),” it stated. The NCDC said that disregarding the preventive measures for COVID-19 put individuals and people around them at risk of getting infected with the virus. “When you take responsibility to limit the spread of the virus, you protect the vulnerable as well. “The fight against COVID-19 requires our collective effort,” it advised. “Wear a mask properly, wash your cloth face mask after use and handle your mask with clean hands. “Learn to make your own face mask via: covid19.ncdc.gov.ng/media/files/DI…,” it said.

Read more

Sergeant who shot lover, arrested by Police

The Lagos State Police Command said it arrested the cop that allegedly shot his ex lover, Joy Eze at Opebi, Ikeja. On October 8, Sergeant Eze Aiwansone, the suspect, who is attached to the Special Protection Unit (SPU) allegedly shot his lover after inviting her on a date. Spokesman Olumuyiwa Adejobi said in a statement on Thursday evening said, the suspect fled after allegedly committing the crime, the suspect was later arrested by his elder brother, who is a Police inspector after which he handed him over to the Command. “The State CID Panti has taken over the case on the instruction of the Commissioner of Police, Lagos State, CP Hakeem Odumosu, for further investigation. “The Commissioner of Police has warned police personnel in Lagos State to desist from any act that can  tarnish the image of the police; and be committed to the principles of Community Policing for better service delivery and public safety in the state,” said Adejobi.

Read more