Expectant mother killed, husband abducted in Kaduna

An expectant mother was killed by gunmen who were suspected to be kidnappers at Rigachikun, a suburb of Kaduna metropolis. The woman was killed by the kidnappers when security officers engaged them in a gun battle. Police spokesman Muhammad Jalige was yet to respond to inquiries about the incident so the details concerning the incident is still unclear. A source said, “Kidnappers stormed the house of the victims and went away with them. Security operatives chased them and in the process of fire exchange the kidnappers shot the woman and she later died in hospital. “The woman was pregnant and about to give birth before the ugly incident. She has already been buried according to Islamic rites.” One Mrs Grace Ameh, was also kidnapped by some gunmen yesterday, after shooting her husband in Abuja. An anonymous, who witnessed the ioncident said, the incident occurred in the wee hours of Wednesday when some armed thugs invaded the residence of Mr and Mrs. John Ameh around Gwagwa. Another source disclosed, “Mrs Grace Ameh was abducted, her husband who happened to be at home with her was shot by the gunmen. However, he has been rushed to an undisclosed hospital for treatment. “We need help against these kidnappers and men of the underworld. Government should do something fast to avoid further crisis”. Police spokesman Mariam Yusuf confirmed the incident, saying that detectives were on the perpetrators’ heels.

Read more

Fani-Kayode- Lekki Shooting, Sanwo-Olu Has Been Exposed

Femi Fani Kayode, the Minister of Aviation under the Goodluck Jonathan administration, has reacted to the statement released by the 81 Division of the Nigerian Army on the shooting of the unarmed #EndSARS protesters at the Lekki toll gate in Lagos State. Tthe 81 division of the Nigerian Army in a statement released on Tuesday noted that Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu invited them to intervene in the End SARS crisis. Nevertheless, the military denied shooting at unarmed peaceful protesters at the Lekki toll gate last week Tuesday. Fani-Kayode said that the claim of the Nigerian Army is a grave implication on Sanwo-Olu. Fani-Kayode, who took to his Official Twitter account said the Lagos State Governor has been thrown under the bus by the military. He wrote: “The @HQNigerianArmy claim it was the LASG that asked for soldiers to be deployed at Lekki. The implications of this for @jidesanwoolu are grave. He has been thrown under the bus by the military.”

Read more

Army- We Were Invited By Lagos State Government To Intervene In #EndSARS Crisis

The Nigerian army has finally unveiled the role it played in the fallout of the peaceful #EndSARS protests last week. If you could remember vividly, some unarmed peaceful protesters were allegedly killed on the 20th October,2020, after officials of the Nigerian army allegedly opened fire on them, at Lekki Tollgate. Although the Nigerian army initially denied that it was at the scene, describing such as fake news, it has however explained that it was available at the scene on invitation by the state government. The 81 Division of the Nigerian Army debunked report of military officers shooting sporadically at unarmed #EndSARS Protesters at the Lekki toll gate. The Acting Director Army Public Relations, Major Osoba Olaniyi, in a statement today, confirmed the involvement of soldiers in restoring order and peace in Lagos state, following the declaration of curfew by Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu. The statement reads in part, “The attention of Headquarters 81 Division Nigerian Army has been drawn to a viral video on social media in which it was alleged that civilian protesters were massacred by soldiers at Lekki Toll Plaza. This allegation is untrue, unfounded and aimed at causing anarchy in the country.” “At no time did soldiers of the Nigerian Army open fire on any civilian. From the onset of the ENDSARS protest, there was no time personnel of 81 Division Nigerian Army Lagos were involved.” “However, the decision to call in the military was taken by the Lagos State Government (LASG) after a 24- hour curfew was imposed.” “This was as a result of the violence which led to several police stations being burnt, policemen killed, suspects in police custody released and weapons carted away.” “The situation was fast degenerating into anarchy. It was at this point that LASG requested for the military to intervene in order to restore normalcy.” “The intervention of the military followed all laid down procedures for Internal Security operations and all the soldiers involved acted within the confines of the Rules of[…]

Read more

Reporter feared dead in Lokoja

Emmanuel Adeyemi,  Kogi State correspondent of The Sun newspaper, has been shot. Adeyemi was shot near the gate of the secretariat when he was on his way to the Nigerian Union of Journalists (NUJ) Press Centre in Lokoja, the state capital on Monday. At 10.am on Monday, Adeyemi, posted warnings of shootings on the state correspondents’ chapel’s WhatsApp group platform. He wrote: “Gentlemen, there are sporadic shootings along Govt House Junction. I learnt that there is serious problem with youths and police along Zone 8 right now as they are bent on invading the govt warehouse located along that way.” According to reports, the drive-by shooters whose bullet hit Adeyemi from behind, also shot a passerby whose name we do not know and we gathered that the victim just arrived from Benue State. During the careless shooting in Lokoja, hoodlums resumed looting in another warehouse in the Zone 8 area.

Read more

#EndSARS: DJ Switch remembers terrific experiences during Lekki shooting 

Veteran female disc jockey, DJ Switch, who took a bold step by being live on her Instagram when there was random shooting at the Lekki tollgate, to show the whole world what was happening and at the same time, she gave vital information that would help in investigating the massacre of peaceful #EndSARS protesters at Lekki tollgate, on Tuesday. DJ Switch said, “Yes, there were soldiers there.  Another thing people are not talking about is that the Police were also there. The SARS people we are talking about also came about 45 minutes after the soldiers left. We were tear-gassed; the tear gas felt like Cotonou pepper mixed with acid. “We would run and come back and the only thing we fought with was our flags. We would sit on the floor; raise our hands up singing the national anthem. That was all we had. They put off the lights, even if there was no power supply on a good day, in that axis, there is always light at the Toll Gate. It was pitch-black.” With teary eyes, DJ Swutch recounted how a boy saved her life but was later shot in the process. “A boy jumped on me and kept shouting, ‘cover her, cover her.’ I did not even understand why he did that. They shot that boy while he was on my back,” she said. In the video, she showed some of the bullets the protester picked up which she referred to as proof. She also showed a bullet that was removed from the lap of one of the victims. She said, “While the soldiers were picking their shells, we were running around picking their shells too because we wanted proof. “The military, they were there on Nigerian soil, killing Nigerian citizens. The police and SARS people came doing the same thing. Aiming and shooting; aiming, they were pointing the guns at us and shooting live bullets. Who takes live bullets to a protest? Who does that?” “To[…]

Read more

#EndSARS: Tinubu says he has no investment in LCC, collects no dime from Lekki Tollgate

Bola Ahmed Tinubu, the Former Lagos State Governor and National Leader of All Progressive Congress (APC), has denied having any kobo investment in the Lekki Concession Company (LCC), and as such has no dime in the funds generated at the Lekki Tollgate. Bola Tinubu debunked the rumor that he was among those behind the shooting of unarmed protesters on Tuesday at the Lekki Tollgate, in a telephone interview with Channels Television in the early hours of Wednesday. In response to a question on his interest in the Lekki Tollgate, the APC leader said, “I have no dime, no kobo investment in the tollgate”. Tinubu also denied having any investment in the Lekki Concession Company (LCC), the firm which manages the tollgate. I will never, never be part of any carnage. I will never be part of that.” According to him, it was his intervention that pushed Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu to respond to the demands of the protesters. He said, “That was why he (Sanwo-Olu) set up the Judicial Commission of Inquiry. The governor has gone to the home of one of the victims to appeal to them. He has put N200m together as part of restitution and compensation for those attacked.”

Read more

BREAKING! No death recorded in the Lekki shootings says Sanwo-Olu

Babajide Sanwo-Olu ,Lagos State Governor, says no death was recorded in Tuesday night attack in the Lekki toll gate area of Lagos State, he also admitted that soldiers opened fire on #EndSARS protesters at the Lekki toll gate area last night in a bid to disperse them. The governor made this known in a live broadcast on Wednesday morning, saying two critically wounded victims had been operated on and were in stable condition while others with “mild to moderate” cases are still receiving treatments at various hospitals in the area and he added that as a governor of the state, the control of military forces was not under his purview. Sanwo-Olu said, “For clarity, it is imperative to explain that no sitting governor controls the rules of engagement of the military. I have, nonetheless, ordered an investigation into the rules of engagement adopted by men of the Nigerian Army that were deployed to the Lekki toll gate last night. “This is with a view to take this up with higher commands of the Nigerian Army and to seek the intervention of Mr President in his capacity to as the Commander-In-Chief to unravel the sequence of events that happened yesterday (Tuesday) night. “Fellow Lagosians, whilst we pray for the swift recovery of the injured, we have not recorded any fatality as against the widespread circulation on social media.” “Myself and the leadership of the ministry of health have been going round. Indeed, we went round the hospitals last night. We went round mortuaries last night to see and to monitor for ourselves what has happened and to look and identified the injured protesters. “We personally visited the hospitals that took in these patients. 10 patients at the General Hospital in Lagos, 11 patients were at the two locations of the Reddington Hospitals both in Lekki and Victoria Island,” he said, adding others sets were at various hospitals in the Lekki area. “I want to expressly say that over the night, two[…]

Read more